16 Mayıs 2008 Cuma

Mixed Things

This is my most favourite word nowadays to describe myself if someone asks, ˝tired˝. This is not a bad type of tiresome but just because of trying to do so many things at once. The university is going with full speed and almost takes all my time. I have started Thai Box where every time I feel that I am so old for doing it :) When everything moves fast around you, you even can not notice where exactly you are; in Turkey, in Sweden, in Bosnia etc... The boundaries of the countries become blurred when your world becomes what you are doing.
...
Also there are some sad happenings which make my mind busy nowadays. First of all, the situation of Burma or Birmanya or Myanmar. Because, the country had a natural disaster (Nergis cyclone) just 10 days ago. The catastrophe became more because of the attitudes of the army which ´governs´ the country. I am reading the news, looking at the pictures, watching the videos what doing not so much thing for them. Then, Chinese earthquake came into existence. Again so many people died, so many of them became affected via different ways. Even this second disaster was so known for Turkish people who experienced a big earthquake in 1997. And again, I have not so much thing to help them :(
As another happening which can be related also to me because of living in Bosnia, the Serbian elections have done last week. And pro-European ones won the election against to the nationalists. I do not know the issue detailed but at first glance, it sounds good. Here the political things are so mixed. Most of the Bosniaks (they call themselves like that by the way) have no idea even abou the names of their presidents. It is because that I am taking Comparative Politics course from a Bosnian guy, I can get some detalied information actually. It seems that a system here is the unique one all around the world. He also said recently an interesting thing. There will be local elections here in next year I guess and now Srebrenitsa, where a big killing operation was held, has the only Bosniak-muslim presidency inside the Respublika Sirpska. He said that now Serbians are trying to register the Serbs from the Serbia to use vote during the elections and according to my teacher it seems that they will win the authority there via this way. He is also complaining the unawareness of Bosnian people, especially the young generation, about what is going around them.

Hiç yorum yok: