4 Ağustos 2008 Pazartesi

National Museum of Sarajevo

This is the first time that I am writing to my blog via my new operating system called Ubuntu. If you aso became so tired of Windows and viruses, I suggest this operating system. It is good that there is someone else around me who understands about computers. think I made my poor husband enoughly crazy with my stupidity about computers. So, if I can manage to use this new operating system, I am sure it should not be so hard so many people :) Ok, that is enough commercial I guess.
...
We had been in national museum of Sarajevo around 1 week ago. Actually I would like to see it so long time ago but I could not have possibility. Now, it was the time. The museum is somewhere in the middle of the city but closer to the center. Despite it got so much damages during the war, it is one of the ones renovated quickly. The general view of it can be seen below:
The museum consists of three basic parts; archeology, animals and flowers (fauna and flora), botanic garden. Our museum visit started with archeology part where the remains (stones, weapons, potteries, coins etc.) from ancient times are exhibited. It was interesting to see that the basic remains are weapons and jewelries, two important stuff for men and women.By the way, the museum includes a part for historical books but it is totally under protection and it is impossible to get closer to them. Our second stop inside the museum was botanic garden which is not so big but calm and peaceful with all the flower, trees and some old remains (graves especially) around it.
The last part where the animal and flower species are exhibited is quite big and it is full of with stuffed real animals. They evenput sound effects about the animals, especially the wolves. It was a bit scary I need to confess. I especially liked the part in which different types of butterflies are collected.
All in all, if one day you way reaches to Sarajevo, it is one of the places where you can visit. The building in itself is also quite historical and the tickets are not so expensive at all, 5 km (around 5 ytl) per person. One bad thing about the museum is, all the notes and information inside the building is in Bosnian!

Hiç yorum yok: