7 Nisan 2008 Pazartesi

About Sarajevo

Rather than giving some official or historical information about this city and Bosnia in general -because actually I was trying to search about all these things before coming here- I want to share what I am thinking about being here and what I am seeing around me.
...
Well, first, it can be easily noticed that it is quite hard to find a one building which does not including memories from the war. Because almost all of them has still so many holes on them, of course via some covering on them. But despite everything it seems they are trying to rebuild, reconstruct the city once more. Not so rapidly maybe but ok. It was really interesting for me to see really huge buildings inside the city. But then I noticed that they are probably from Tito´s time because they all seem communist type. Another interesting thing is, despite having not so much money, almost all women are trying to look so good. It is arguable if they are really nice -because sometimes I think they are really too much- but this is the reality. Even some of my friends here said the Bosnian women themselves confess that it does not matter for them not to have so much thing, they just give all their money to the clothes or make up materials. Related to this, it is so probable to see so many parfummeries more than other stores. When we were talking about this with one of my friends who had been Azerbaijan before, she said it was the same there also. Maybe something related to the Slavic women. Well, I have a theory :) Inside the places where the population of men is quite less than women, women feels that they need to compete for scarce resources -means guys :)-. As a different thig, the city itself is covered by tram ways and it is so easy to go everywhere via tram. Even I have not taken any bus since I came here.
...
That is all for now, hope I will continue!

1 yorum:

Feyzullah dedi ki...

I heard that they, intentionally, do not repair some of the old damaged buildings because tourists want to see such memories of the war. I think this is partly true. The other reason is probably they dont have the resources to renovate or to rebuild them.